RSM MBA Regatta 2015
August 27 - August 30| €25 - €2100
RSM MBA Regatta 2015, an official event of the MBA Sailing League
RSM MBA Regatta, bringing the experience of the five previous regattas is ready to raise the level of the competition and to offer an amazing sailing experience for sailors from the Business Schools of the world.
- Best sailing weather conditions in Europe
- This year one design OLYMPIC CLASS – Elliotts
- One of the best match and team racing centers in the Netherlands with more than 125 years history – ICS
- Competent and experienced racing committee in match and teamracing – DMTRA
- NEW FORMAT of competition for the MBA Sailing League – 18 races per crew is expected in 3 days of sailing
- More than 40 international alumni & students
- Accommodation on Bungalows for the first 9 teams
- A lot of Sport, Fun and Drive!
Who can attend
- Every RSM MBA, EMBA, OneMBA, MFM, PTO student or RSM Alumnus
- MBA Sailing Clubs of the MBA Sailing League
- MBA students and Alumni from Other Top Business Schools
- Colleagues, Faculty, Spouses or Family members (Maximum 50% per boat)
What do you need
- Enthusiasm for Sailing
- Strong will to compete and win
- Desire to build and develop your racing skills in a friendly and fun atmosphere
MBA Sailing league Division. Elliott.
Elliott A sport-loving sailboat that has been designed to sail fast and spectacularly.
- Official One Design Olympic Class
- A light, strong and affordable racing yacht
- Downwind speed under kite, faster than other boats of this length
- Maximum Crew: 4 sailors
Medemblik is a municipality and a town in the Netherlands, in the province of North Holland and the region of West-Frisia. It lies immediately south of the polder and former municipality of Wieringermeer. The strong winds that prevail in the area offer you opportunity for exciting sailing!
Medemblik could be easily reached from Schiphol airport (Amstrdam) by train within 60 min. Please, check NS System.
Kasteel Radboud is the main attraction of the city, is the only remaining West Frisian stronghold of Floris the Fifth. A 13th century the castle which has housed a modest collection of objects that illustrate the history of the building. In addition, it contains a permanent exhibition that offers insight into everyday life in the Middle Ages . After the 3rd day of racing the castle will host our ceremony, dinner and party with live music.
Wednesday August 26th
[00:00 – 08:00] Accommodations: at own costs if arrive on Wednesday (Hotel Medemblijk – as an option)
Thursday August 27th [09:00 - 13:00] Check-in / registration briefing (ISC) [13:00 - 16:00] Boats allocation / Warm up Races [16:00 - 20:00] 1st session races [20:00 - 21:00] Changing / shower (ISC) [21:00 - 22:00] Welcome drinks and bites (MED Trattoria) [22:00 - 00:00] Drinks (own cost)
Friday August 28th [00:00 - 08:00] Accomodations: clipper or bungalow(Bungalowpark) [09:00 - 18:00] 2nd day racing [18:00 - 19:00] Changing / shower [18:00 - 19:00] Drinks (own cost) [19:00 - 22:00] BBQ(MED Trattoria) [22:00 - 00:00] Drinks (own cost)
Saturday 29th [00:00 - 08:00] Accomodations: clipper or bungalow(Bungalowpark) [09:00 - 17:00] 3nd day racing [17:00 - 18:00] Boats check-out [17:00 - 18:00] Changing / shower [18:00 - 19:00] Award ceremony prosecco and bites (Kasteel Radboud) [19:00 - 23:00] Dinner (Kasteel Radboud) [23:00 - 01:00] PARTY (Kasteel Radboud)
Sunday 30th [00:00 - 10:00] Accomodations: clipper or bungalow(Bungalowpark) [10:00 - 11:00] Leaving rooms & THE END
What is included
- 3 days of sailing on Olympic Class boats
- Costs of Racing Committee and racing organization
- Sleeping on the Hospitality Clipper or Bungalows
- Dinners on Friday and Saturday
- Breakfast on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Lunch packages on Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Prize ceremony on Sunday with refreshments and bites in the wonderful medieval Castle Kasteel Radboud
- Saturday Dinner & Party and a lot of fun!!!
- Opportunity to invite your friends and family on the clipper
- Extra skipper if needed
- Sailing gear 25€/weekend
What is not included
- Price of participation does not include a 600€ refundable deposit in cash per boat
- Accommodation for Wednesday night
For Team Registration bank transfer 1800 EUR (max – 4 people per crew)
RSM Sailing Club, Admiraliteitskade 17, Rotterdam 3063EC
Bank account: ABN AMRO, 184.108.40.2061
For extra info regarding renting skipper or orientation of the event: email@example.com