RSM MBA Regatta 2017
August 31 - September 3€550 - €2730
RSM MBA Regatta 2017, an official event of the MBA Sailing League
RSM MBA Regatta, bringing the experience of the five previous regattas is ready to raise the level of the competition and to offer an amazing sailing experience for sailors from the Business Schools of the world.
Who can attend
- Every RSM MBA, EMBA, OneMBA, MFM, PTO student or RSM Alumnus
- MBA Sailing Clubs of the MBA Sailing League
- MBA students and Alumni from Other Top Business Schools
- Colleagues, Faculty, Spouses or Family members (Maximum 25% per boat)
What do you need
- Enthusiasm for Sailing
- Strong will to compete and win
- Desire to build and develop your racing skills in a friendly and fun atmosphere
2017 brings interesting news… For the first time in years the RSM MBA Regatta will not be in the Netherlands, but in the sunny Porto in Portugal.
Located along the Douro river estuary in Northern Portugal, Porto is one of the oldest European centres, and its historical core was proclaimed a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1996.
Due to its long history, the city of Porto carries an immense architectural patrimony. From the Romanesque Cathedral to the Social Housing projects developed through the late 20th century, much could be said surrounding architecture. Porto is home to the Porto School of Architecture, one of the most prestigious architecture schools in Europe and the world. It is also home to two earners of the Pritzker Architecture Prize (two former students of the aforementioned school): Álvaro Siza Vieira and Eduardo Souto de Moura.
It is a three day event that, two of which will be dedicated to the races.
- Thursday, August 31st, Fly in and Boat Check in at 17:30 and skipper briefing
- Friday, September 1st, First day of races
- Saturday, September 2nd, Second day of races and boat check out
- Sunday, September 3rd, Hotel Check Out and Fly out
FIRST CLASS 7.5 (BENETEAU)
For the first six boats that register: Novotel Porto Gaia
What is included
- A Division boat
- Accommodation (Novotel Porto Gaia, for the first 6 boats that register)
- Restaurant (Friday and Saturday)
- Extra skipper if needed
What is not included
- Price of participation does not include a refundable deposit for the boat
Please read carefully: only MBA students/alumni can participate to the events organized or sponsored by the RSM Sailing Club. If non MBA people buy tickets for the events, participation without reference of an MBA participant will not be allowed and the RSM Sailing Club will not refund the ticket.
For Team Registration bank transfer 2600 EUR (max – 5 people per crew)
RSM Sailing Club, Admiraliteitskade 17, Rotterdam 3063EC
Bank account: ABN AMRO, 22.214.171.1241
For extra info regarding renting skipper or orientation of the event: firstname.lastname@example.org