- This event has passed.
RSM MBA Regatta 2014
August 29 @ 15:00 - August 31 @ 20:00
RSM MBA Regatta 2014, an official event of the MBA Sailing League
RSM MBA Regatta, bringing the experience of the three previous regattas is ready to raise the level of the competition and to offer an amazing sailing experience for experienced and inexperienced sailors from the Business Schools of the world.
- Best sailing weather conditions in Europe
- Two different divisions: A-MaxFun 25ft & B-Bavaria
- More than 100 international alumni & students
- Dine&Party at Lucht-Ericsson Volvo Ocean Race Team pavilion
- Deputy of TOP Corporations
- Sailing & housing on an old traditional Clipper
- Innovative 3D-Technology, Aerial Cameras, On Board Cameras
- More than 18 On-line sailing media channels and Worldwide Cable Channels
- A lot of Sport, Fun and Drive!
Who can attend
- Every RSM MBA, EMBA, OneMBA, MFM, PTO student or RSM Alumnus
- MBA Sailing Clubs of the MBA Sailing League
- MBA students and Alumni from Other Top Business Schools
- Colleagues, Faculty, Spouses or Family members (Maximum 50% per boat)
What do you need
- Enthusiasm for Sailing
- NO sailing experience for B-Division. In B-Devision skipper can also be provided with extra cost 150€/day)
- Strong will to compete and win
MBA Sailing league Division. Maxfun 25.
Maxfun 25 A sport-loving sailboat that has been designed to sail fast and spectacularly.
- Official One Design Class
- A light, strong and affordable racing yacht
- Downwind speed under asymmetric spinnaker, faster than other boats of this length
- Designed by Simonis Voogd Design
- Price of participation: 2000€ per team(Refundable Deposit in Cash per boat 500€)
- Maximum Crew: 5 sailors
Corporate & Alumni Division. Bavaria.
Bavaria as an outstanding value luxury yacht. Teaming up with market leaders in yacht, ergonomic and interior design takes Bavaria to best in class when it comes to delivering well engineered and constructed sailing yachts with powerful lines and innovative features. Bavaria cruisers are not only the best choice for sport, but also provide great friendly environment for beginner racers, facilitating easier interaction with other crew. Leave the marina and the Bavaria Cruiser instantly shows the active sailor that this is where she truly belongs. Fast and responsive while retaining a sea kindly motion the Bavaria is a comfortable cruiser for any conditions.
- Max crew: 8 sailors
- Individual fee CAR Division 400€ p.p.
- Individual fee in case you join with your own boat 270€ p.p.
- Refundable Deposit in cash 1000€ per boat
Lelystad is the capital of Flevoland and is also well known as the biggest sailing harbor of the Netherlands. It’s a hub of the Dutch sailing tradition, where you can explore the Bataviawerf Shipyard, which is home to two life-like replicas of the VOC ships. The strong winds that prevail in the area offer you opportunity for exciting sailing!
Lelystad could be easily achieved from Schiphol airport (Amstrdam) by train within 40 min. Please, check NS System. Taxi from Lelystad Centrum to Batavia Haven – 20 €. Parking in Batavia Haven is 12 € per day.
|Friday – 29th August 2014|
|16:00||RSM Regatta Registration|
|16:00 – 19:00||Check in the boats & Free Sailing Time|
|20:00 – 21:00||BBQ & Drinks in Lucht – Ericsson Volvo Ocean Race Pavillion|
|Saturday – 30th August 2014|
|08:00 – 10:00||Breakfast & Skippers briefing & Lunch packages collection|
|10:00 – 16:00||Regatta (5-6 races)|
|16:30||Return to the harbor|
|16:30 – 18:30||Getting ready for dinner|
|18:30 – 20:30||Dinner in Lucht VOR Pavillion|
|20:30||Party in Lucht- Ericsson Volvo Ocean Race Pavilion|
|Sunday – 31st August 2014|
|07:30 – 09:00||Breakfast & Skippers briefing & Lunch packages collection|
|09:00 – 14:30||Regatta (4-5 races)|
|15:00 – 15:30||Boat check out|
|16:00 – 17:00||Prize Ceremony for A & B Division with RSM Top Executives and Alumni|
|17:00 – 20:00||Aperittivo under Live Music in Lucht|
|20:00||End of The RSM Regatta|
What is included
- Cost of boats including lifejackets and Gennackers
- Costs of Racing Committee and racing organization
- B Division: Sleeping on board of the chartered yachts
- A Division: Sleeping on the Hospitality Clipper
- BBQ and welcome party for Friday
- Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
- Lunch packages on Saturday and Sunday
- Saturday evening dinner with guests delegates from Top Multinational Corporations in Netherlands
- Prize ceremony on Sunday with refreshments and bites
- Saturday Party and a lot of fun!!!
- Opportunity to invite your friends and Family for 1 day to sail on the Hospitality Clipper
- Skipper 150€/day
- Sailing gear 25€/weekend
- Sleeping Equipment 16€/weekend
- Fuel for B Division Boats
For Team Registration for A (Max 5 people: €2000) or B Division (Max 8 people: €3200)
RSM Sailing Club
Bank account: ABN AMRO, 22.214.171.1241
For extra info:
or Follow our Regatta Page in Facebook