RSM MBA Regatta 2017
August 31, 2017 - September 2, 2017
RSM MBA Regatta 2017, an official event of the MBA Sailing League
RSM MBA Regatta, bringing the experience of the five previous regattas is ready to raise the level of the competition and to offer an amazing sailing experience for sailors from the Business Schools of the world.
- Best sailing weather conditions in Europe
- This year one design OLYMPIC CLASS – Elliotts
- One of the best match and team racing centers in the Netherlands with more than 125 years history – ICS
- Competent and experienced racing committee in match and teamracing – DMTRA
- NEW FORMAT of competition for the MBA Sailing League – 18 races per crew is expected in 3 days of sailing
- More than 40 international alumni & students
- Accommodation on Bungalows for the first 6 teams
- A lot of Sport, Fun and Drive!
Who can attend
- Every RSM MBA, EMBA, OneMBA, MFM, PTO student or RSM Alumnus
- MBA Sailing Clubs of the MBA Sailing League
- MBA students and Alumni from Other Top Business Schools
- Colleagues, Faculty, Spouses or Family members (Maximum 25% per boat)
What do you need
- Enthusiasm for Sailing
- Strong will to compete and win
- Desire to build and develop your racing skills in a friendly and fun atmosphere
MBA Sailing league Division. Elliott.
Elliott A sport-loving sailboat that has been designed to sail fast and spectacularly.
- Official One Design Olympic Class
- A light, strong and affordable racing yacht
- Downwind speed under kite, faster than other boats of this length
- Maximum Crew: 4 sailors
- Optimum Sailing below 300kgr crew
Medemblik is a municipality and a town in the Netherlands, in the province of North Holland and the region of West-Frisia. It lies immediately south of the polder and former municipality of Wieringermeer. The strong winds that prevail in the area offer you opportunity for exciting sailing!
Medemblik could be easily reached from Schiphol airport (Amstrdam) by train within 60 min. Please, check NS System.
Kasteel Radboud is the main attraction of the city, is the only remaining West Frisian stronghold of Floris the Fifth. A 13th century the castle which has housed a modest collection of objects that illustrate the history of the building. In addition, it contains a permanent exhibition that offers insight into everyday life in the Middle Ages . After the 3rd day of racing the castle will host our ceremony, dinner and party with live music.
Schedule (TBA for 2017)
What is included
- 36 races on Olympic Class boats
- Costs of Racing Committee and racing organization
- Sleeping on the Hospitality Clipper or Bungalows
- Welcome bites and drinks on Thursday
- Welcome dinner in Medieval Castle Radboud on Friday
- Lunch packages on Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Breakfast on Friday and Saturday
- Prize ceremony on Saturday with refreshments and bites in the Med Trattoria
- Saturday Dinner & Party and a lot of fun!!!
- Opportunity to invite your friends and family on the clipper
- Extra skipper if needed
What is not included
- Price of participation does not include a 800€ refundable deposit in cash per boat
Please read carefully: only MBA students/alumni can participate to the events organized or sponsored by the RSM Sailing Club. If non MBA people buy tickets for the events, participation without reference of an MBA participant will not be allowed and the RSM Sailing Club will not refund the ticket.
For Team Registration bank transfer 1800 EUR (max – 4 people per crew)
RSM Sailing Club, Admiraliteitskade 17, Rotterdam 3063EC
Bank account: ABN AMRO, 220.127.116.111
For extra info regarding renting skipper or orientation of the event: firstname.lastname@example.org