- This event has passed.
Cranfield MBA Regatta 2018
13th July 2018 - 15th July 2018
The Cranfield MBA Regatta is the oldest event of its kind in Europe, bringing together MBA students from across the world in one of the most eagerly anticipated, competitively charged sporting occasions in the business school calendar. The Cranfield MBA Regatta is a series of sailing races held on the Solent off the South Coast of England. The Cranfield MBA Regatta provides a great opportunity for students and alumni of the world’s top business schools to meet and compete in “Matched” F40 racing yachts and to indulge in some serious networking.
The Regatta is open to all Business Schools MBA students and alumni. Sailing experience is not required as long as you are willing to meet new people and are ready to enjoy a new adventure. Can bring one Partner or one immediate family member over 18. The Cranfield MBA Regatta provides an excellent networking opportunity. It allows MBA students to meet their peers from other leading business schools and put into practice the leadership and organisational skills they have developed, and for sponsors, alumni and potential recruiters to meet some of the most dynamic management students from across the globe.
Each boat is comprised of a crew of 8 including a qualified skipper (minimum RYA Day Skipper with 500nm race experience as skipper) and 1st mate (minimum RYA Competent Crew). To compete in the races, at least 4 crew members must either hold, or be studying for, a Masters or higher-level qualification (eg. MBA, MSc, PhD) from a business school that holds AMBA, EQUIS or AACSB accreditation. Previous sailing experience is not required.
The fleet of Beneteau Match F40’s is provided by Sunsail. The fleet is “matched” (all the performance-impacting elements on each boat are identical) which means that racing victory will all be down to the teamwork, skills and tactics of you and your crew.
Boats Technical Specs
Keel Draft: 2.45m
Air Draft: 19.30m
Asymmetric Spinnaker: 1582ft2
Crew arrangements are at your discretion
- 8 members are required: 6 crew, 1 skipper and 1 first mate
- The skipper must have sailing experience at least equivalent to RYA Coastal Skipper and 100 miles racing experience (evidence of which must be provided at the time of entry)
- The first mate must have sailing experience to the level of RYA Day Skipper or equivalent
- At least 4 crew members must either hold, or be studying for, an MBA from a business school that holds AMBA, EQUIS or AACSB accreditation.
If you need to hire a skipper and first mate please contact Michael Hlavaty at Sunsail UK directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If not using a Sunsail skipper a returnable security deposit of £3,000 will be required via a credit card impression on the weekend of the Regatta.
Fees and what to bring
Each Regatta participant will need to bring:
- sunglasses, a hat and sun block
- shoes with non-marking soles
- sleeping bag or something to sleep in
- soft kit bag
- smart/casual clothes only
- sea sickness pills
- £2800 – 8 berth bare boat yacht hire and social events
- £TBC – Breakfast and Lunch food packages available upon request at additional cost
- If not using a Sunsail skipper a returnable security deposit of £3,000 will be required via a credit card impression on the weekend of the Regatta.
The entry fee includes:
- Charter of Sunsail F40
- Rent of up to 8 sets of waterproofs from Sunsail
- Berthing of yacht at Port Solent & Cowes
- Social Event at Port Solent
- Networking/social event at Cowes
- Prize giving at Port Solent on Sunday
Please read carefully.
Before performing any payment, please Email Us
The ticket is not refundable.
The price includes a 5% Paypal fee. If the payment is performed via iDeal the price will be discounted by 3.5%.
Only MBA students/alumni can participate to the events organized or sponsored by the RSM Sailing Club.
If non MBA people buy tickets for the events, participation will not be allowed and the RSM Sailing Club will not refund the ticket.
Should you need more information, please Email Us