LBS MBA Regatta 2022
April 7 @ 08:00 - April 10 @ 17:00€530,00
Hosted by London Business School and the Yacht Club of Greece, the LBS MBA Regatta (Global MBA Trophy) is a high profile, international sailing event that brings together top business men and women from across the world – alumni and students of the world’s best business schools.
Racing will take place in the waters of Faliron bay, with a starting point at Mikrolimano, providing the opportunity to the participants to enjoy the beautiful weather of Athens as well as visiting the historical places of Athens.
The Global MBA Trophy is:
- An opportunity to effectively exercise critical skills of high achieving MBAs: Excellence, leadership, teamwork, endurance, effective communication, crisis management, planning and decision making
- A promise for fun, entertainment, learning and relaxation
- A stimulating and exciting experience
- An offer of only the best in Club facilities, sailing grounds, race preparation & execution, activities & learning
- A two-day racing and networking event with on- and off-shore activities
Division B racing boats tbc (approx 40 ft).
Maximum 8 people on board.
The Boats will be picked up from another marina and be moored at Mikrolimano.
- Flexible race course depending on weather conditions. 3 races maximum per day / upwind & downwind format
- Racing Committee
- Provision for Certified Jury Committee
- Provision for Redress Committee
- Provision for boats for Course setting, Committee, follow up as well as press and VIP boats
- Stand-by emergency boat
- Signals and VHF communications throughout the race
Tentative Schedule as follows:
Tuesday April 5th & Wednesday April 6th
Practice days for individual crews, by arrangement with the regatta organizers
Thursday April 7th
13:00 – B Division registration and Boat pick up opens at Mikrolimano.
Note: Crew lists, two sailing licenses and participation fee need to be sent to the Organizing Committee prior to boat pick up.
15:00 – Leisure sailing and delivery of boats Mikrolimano
19:00 – Welcome drinks at Entefktirio restaurant, Mikrolimano
20:00 – Opening Ceremony at Entefktirio
Friday April 8th
08:00 – Breakfast at Istioploikos restaurant
09:00 – Briefing and introduction to the race committee, details on the day’s event, skippers’ briefing.
12:00 – Start of first race! 3 races maximum, depending on weather conditions.
19:00 – Dinner at Varoulko restaurant
Saturday April 9th
08:30 – Breakfast opens at Istioploikos restaurant on the marina for all sailors.
11:00 – Start of first race! 3 races maximum, depending on weather conditions.
19:30 – Start of the Award Ceremony at the Yacht Club of Greece (NOE).
Sunday April 10th
10:00 – Boats check out
Shower and restroom facilities at the facilities of Yacht Club of Greece (NOE).
Spectator boats can be made available upon request at a fee for non-sailing friends and guests.
For any other inquiry have a look at the Notice Of Race.
The participation fee of includes:
- Hire of boat and engine hours
- Race entry fee and all race organization costs (setting, racing & redress committees, judges, follow-up boat, emergency boat etc.)
- Overnight accommodation on board for the B Division boats (Thursday-Friday-Saturday)
- Use of the members’ only facilities of the Yacht Club
- Free entrance to welcome party, including food and drinks
- On-shore breakfast for both days of the races
- Entrance to formal dinner and entertainment at the private venue hosting the formal award ceremony on the last day of races
- Prize giving
- Availability of press
- Professional photos available post the event
- A refundable deposit of 3000€ per boat
Please read carefully.
Before performing any payment, please Email Us
The ticket is not refundable.
Only MBA students/alumni can participate to the events organized or sponsored by the RSM Sailing Club.
If non MBA people buy tickets for the events, participation will not be allowed and the RSM Sailing Club will not refund the ticket.
Should you need more information, please Email Us